Hop on down to East Passyunk Avenue for a day of ‘egg-citing’ Easter festivities! On Saturday, March 23, 2013, East Passyunk Avenue Business Improvement District (EPABID) presents its annual Easter Egg Hunt from 11:00 AM to 1:15 PM on the lawn of the South Philadelphia Older Adult Center (1430 East Passyunk). Children are invited to decorate egg collecting bags, hunt for prize-filled eggs and take pictures with the Easter Bunny. Every egg will be filled with candy and Zitner’s Fine Confections. Special golden ticket eggs will feature certificates for Belle Cakery, Favors and Flavors, Ms Goody Cupcake and prize-size Zitner's eggs. Egg Hunt times are staggered by age group, with four and under at 11:00 AM, five to seven at 12:00 PM and eight to ten at at 1:00 PM. After the festivities, families are invited to enjoy special brunch menus and bakery discounts at participating East Passyunk eateries. The Egg Hunt is free and open to the public. For more information, go to www.visiteastpassyunk.com or call 215-336-1455.
Brunch and bakery specials for the annual Egg Hunt will include:
* Belle Cakery (1437 EPA) - Delicious selection of muffins, cinnamon buns, granola bars, hot chocolate, coffee, and other desserts, cookies and Easter treats. Special hours: Opens at 11:00 AM.
* Black N Brew (1523 EPA) - Zara's Breakfast (one egg, one pancake bacon and sausage) for $5.00, Pigs in a Blanket (two pancakes two sausages) $5.00, Kids Grilled Cheese $2.95 and Kids PBJ $2.95.
* Cantina (1651 EPA) - Fire Roasted Salsa Mac 'n' Cheese, Hard Shell Tacos (with ground beef or vegan ground beef) and Blue Corn Meal Chicken Tenders.
* Favors and Flavors (1827 EPA) – $1.00 off children’s ice cream cones.
* Fuel (1917 EPA) - $1.00 pancakes for the kids and FREE Coffee with brunch for the adults.
* Ms Goody Cupcake (1838 EPA) - $2.00 spring + Easter cupcakes including Gigi’s famous Peeps cupcakes, free samples of Mommy's Rice Ricotta Cheese Pie, and cake truffles on sale for buy two get one free.
In past years, the annual Egg Hunt attracted more than 350 children that searched for 1,000+ Easter Eggs. In 2013, EPABID expects record turnout and is busy preparing eggs to meet growing demand. The Easter Bunny will be available for a meet and greet. Families are invited to bring a camera to take their own photographs. This free event is held rain or shine. In case of inclement weather, bags of candy will be handed out at 11:00 AM in front of the South Philadelphia Older Adult Center (1430 East Passyunk).