Make your plans now for Smithsonian Magazine's Museum Day on Saturday, September 25. By downloading a free ticket from their website, you and one guest will gain access to your choice of over 1000 museums across the country. There is only one ticket allowed per household and it may only be used at one participating museum that day.
Click here to select a museum and print your ticket!
Following is a list of some of the local museums you can enjoy for FREE on September 25:
· The Franklin Institute
· The Academy of Natural Sciences
· Independence Seaport Museum
· The African American Museum
· National Liberty Museum
· Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
· Fireman’s Hall Museum
· Philadelphia Art Alliance
· Rosenbach Museum & Library
· Institute of Contemporary Art (ICA)
· University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology
· The Print Center
· Abington Art Center, 515 Meetinghouse Road, Jenkintown, PA 19046
· Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College, 500 College Ave., Swarthmore, PA 19081
· Brandywine River Museum, US Route 1, Chadds Ford, PA 19317
· National Toy Train Museum, 300 Paradise Lane, Strasburg, PA 17579
· Delaware Museum of Natural History, 4840 Kennett Pike, Wilmington, DE 19807
· Hagley Museum and Library, 200 Hagley Road, Wilmington, DE 19807
· Delaware Art Museum, 2301 Kentmere Parkway, Wilmington, DE 19806
You will find many others listed on the Smithsonian website!